AttendanceBack to Key Information
Last academic year (2016-17) overall pupil attendance at Babington was 95.03%. This year we need to raise our attendance to 96% which is the college target for 2017-18. We have set all our students a personal target of 96% as we feel this level of attendance will ensure success in lessons.
Research has shown that there is a strong link between good attendance and attainment. At Babington:
- those with 96% or above attendance had a Progress 8 score of +0.55. This shows excellent progress and in many cases students with good attendance achieved a full grade higher in their subjects than students with poorer attendance even though they were of similar ability
- 50% of those with good attendance achieved a grade 4 or above in English and maths combined. This is more than 3 times higher than those students whose attendance was below 90%. Note that achieving a grade 4 or above in English and maths is the minimum standard required for accessing more advanced course at college.
If your child has good attendance, they will:
- do better in lessons
- find it easier to make progress
- receive rewards for good attendance
- feel happier about school
If your child is absent regularly they may:
- find work harder
- not feel part of the class
- find it hard to make friends
- not make the most of the opportunities provided by the college