Covid-19 - InformationBack to Key Information
Babington Academy Covid-19 Risk Assessment
This document is subject to change as further guidelines are published and was accurate as of Tuesday 11 January 2022.
Covid-19 Vaccinations (Years 8-11)
The Government have now announced that children under 16 (and over 12) are to be offered the COVID vaccination.
The date of the 1st dose is on Wednesday 29th September
The letter attached to this email includes information about the vaccine and how to consent or refuse consent for your child. It includes website links and contact numbers if you want further information (also added below).
Please read it carefully and follow the instructions.
- You can only give or refuse consent using the link in the letter. The immunisation nurses will not give the vaccine to any student who does not have consent on the website.
- Please complete the form even if you are refusing consent
- You cannot consent/refuse consent through the school via email or phone.
School code: LE143247
School staff are not qualified to answer questions about the vaccine and school has no control over the website so: please contact the immunisation service on 0300 3000 007 if:
- You have any queries about the vaccine.
- The link to the website is not working. The Immunisations Service will be able to help you to give or refuse consent.
Covid-19 - Testing in school
Keeping children and young people safe online
Parents and guardians should supervise the Internet use of the young people in their care.
See Government advice:
- What parents and carers need to know during school closures which includes detailed advice on keeping children safe online. It includes how to have age appropriate conversations with children about online safety, home filters, age appropriate parental controls and risks of platforms and apps
- Support for parents and carers to keep children safe from online harms outlines resources to help keep children safe from different risks online and where to go to receive support and advice
- Support to stay safe online includes information on security and privacy settings
- If your child is worried or needs support, they can call Childline (0800 1111) or download the ‘For Me’ app.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
For more up to date information and what's happening at Babington please check our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BabingtonLWLAT and our Twitter feed twitter.com/babingtonlwlat which we are posting on daily.
Help and Support
Useful apps (search for these in your app store)
- Let's meditate
- My Possible Self
- Calm harm
- Stay Alive
- Mind Shift
- Positive Penguins
Parents: Young Minds Helpline 0808 8025544
Police Non-emergency 101
Police Emergency 999
Text a public health nurse (school nurse)
Text the Young Minds Crisis Messenger, for free 24/7 support if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. If you need urgent help text YM to 85258