At Babington we wish to make the examination experience as stress-free as possible so that our pupils can attain their full potential. We have created this page to enable both parents and students to familiarise themselves with examination procedures and regulations.
It is essential that students are aware of when they have been entered for examinations and our students will receive a paper timetable listing all examinations they have been entered for in each examination series with dates and times.
It is important that students retain this information for reference.
Examination boards and links
- Students should arrive at the exam room at least 10 minutes before the exam start time.
- Students must wear school uniform for all exams.
- Please check the seating plan for your seat before you enter the examination room. This will be on display outside the room.
- Mobile phones and any other electronic equipment must be switched off and handed to the Invigilators when the student enters the Exam Room. (Please refer to the examinations rules and regulations)
- Watches must be handed to the invigilators.
- If a student is ill on the day of the exam please inform the academy as soon as possible. Tel: 0116 222 1616
The awarding bodies have designated Wednesday 28 June 2023 as the ‘contingency day’ for examinations. The afternoons of Thursday 8 June and Thursday 15 June have been designated as ‘contingency afternoons’ for examinations. This is consistent with the qualification regulators’ document Exam system contingency plan: England, Wales and Northern Ireland – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/exam-system-contingency-plan-england-wales-and-northern-ireland
The designation of ‘contingency days’ within the common examination timetable is in the event of national or significant local disruption to examinations in the United Kingdom. It is part of the awarding bodies’ standard contingency planning for examinations. Therefore, candidates must remain available until Wednesday 28 June 2023 should an awarding body need to invoke its contingency plan.
Examination Rules and Regulations
Notices detailing the Examination rules and regulations are displayed outside the Examination rooms.
|Unauthorised Items Notice||30th Sep 2022||Download|
|Exam Preparation||23rd Mar 2022||Download|
|Unwell on Exam Day||23rd Mar 2022||Download|
|Warning to Candidates||23rd Mar 2022||Download|
|Exam Contingency Plan 2022-24||16th May 2022||Download|
|Examination Complaints and Appeals Policy 2022 23||16th May 2022||Download|
|Examination Policy 2022 23||16th May 2022||Download|
|Internal appeals procedures 2022 23||16th May 2022||Download|
|Non examination assessment policy 2022 23||16th May 2022||Download|
|Word Processor Policy 2022 23||16th May 2022||Download|
|Student Exam Handbook 21 22||17th May 2022||Download|
|Examination Dates Summer 2023||27th Mar 2023||Download|