As a school we have a statutory and moral duty to provide students in Year 8 – Year 11 with information, advice and guidance. This is extended at Babington Academy to include Year 7.
Guidance takes place within the curriculum and one to one interviews with a qualified Careers Practitioner. Please liaise with Samantha White regarding your child’s interview. Parents and Carers are always welcome in school. Please contact Samantha on 0116 2221616 ext 123 if you any questions and would like to book an appointment and meet face to face.
As a student you are entitled to:
- Clear advice and information about ALL the options available so that you understand what they involve and the entry requirements
- Support and guidance to help you make choices and complete a career plan identifying what your next steps are and the actions you need to take to achieve progression
- Regular personalised support to help you manage change effectively when you leave Babington and enter post 16 learning
- Help in making decisions about what course (s) will be best fit for you when you leave Babington and where it can take you in the future
- A programme of careers education helping you to develop skills, knowledge and character, how this influences your choices and transition to work and continued learning
- The opportunity to be involved in making decisions about the things that effect your learning and future
- An opportunity to contribute to your individual action plan with progressive targets
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work with direct access to employers and sectors to challenge your any myths or perceptions you may have
- Access to current and relevant labour market information (LMI) that tells you what is hot and what’s not in the world of work
- Aspirational opportunities outside of normal class lessons through inspirational workshops, speakers
- Opportunities to develop their character through the Building Character for Learning ( BC4L) principles in lesson and within the school community